It has been so long and I have been so busy, and some days discouraged to blog. You know that feeling of a stand still moment in your life?! I’m going through it…
I just can’t wait to graduate and work properly! Longing those days, really badly. I am an active, go getter person, but as a student the opportunities for any type of enthusiastic job, are like an oasis in the desert. Oh well, things will get better eventually.
I hold on to my boyfriend and to his love for me. That on its own sustains my soul!
So today, I am craving Eclairs!!! Non, non, non, my friends! French Eclairs!
I found this marvellous recipe and since festivities are approaching, why not get creative in the Kitchen?!
Share your favourite recipes with me! Would love to know them!
Lots of Love Laurean X
French Eclair Recipe
Cream Puffs (Choux Pastry)
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup water
1/2 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup) (cut into 8 pieces)
1/8 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs (room temperature)Pastry Cream
1 cup whole milk
1 vanilla bean (sliced and seeds scraped)
2 egg yolks
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (sifted)
1 1/4 tablespoons unsalted butter (room Chocolate Glaze
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
2 teaspoons unsalted butter (cut into 4 pieces, room temperature)
3 1/2 tablespoons Chocolate Sauce (room temperature)
Cream Puffs (Choux Pastry)
1. Bring the milk, water, butter, sugar and salt to a roiling boil.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and mix in all of the flour, stirring with a wooden spoon until the dough comes together.
3. Continue to stir for 2-3 minutes. The dough will be soft and smooth.
4. Pour the dough into a bowl and beat in the eggs one at a time.
5. Form the dough into the desired shapes on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
6. Bake in a pre-heated 375F oven and bake for 7 minutes.
7. Stick the handle of a wooden spoon into the oven door to hold it ajar and bake for another 5 minutes.
8. Rotate the baking sheet from front to back and bake for another 8 minutes or until the eclairs are puffed and golden brown. (With the door slightly open)
9. Let the eclairs cool for a few hours.
1. Bring the milk and vanilla bean seeds to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Mix the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch in another sauce pan.
3. Temper the egg yolks and with the milk and combine.
4. Strain the mixture back into the sauce pan.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil while whisking and continue to whisk for a minute.
6. Transfer the cream to a bowl and set the bowl in an ice water bath to cool while still stirring.
7. Once the mixture has cooled some stir in the butter.
8. Return the bowl to the ice water bath and continue to stir until completely cooled.
1. Bring the heavy cream to a boil in a small sauce pan.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate.
3. Stir in the butter followed by the chocolate sauce.
1. Slice the eclairs in half horizontally with a serrated knife.
2. Place the tops on a rack above parchment paper.
3. Spread the glaze over the tops and allow the chocolate to set.
4. Fill the bottoms with pastry cream.
5. Place the set tops onto the bottoms and enjoy.